8 pain relieving non invasive techniques that work
It is said that, pain sometimes has a purpose, like in ankle sprain, it can warn us but when pain remains for weeks or months, then it interferes with the quality of life and causes unwanted sufferings. One must know the treatments options available today like never before. The given 8 techniques do not require any invasive procedure not even pill consumption and still controls the pain.
1. Cold and heat: For certain kind of injuries, these two methods have always remained and will always remain the cornerstone of relieving pain. If a homemade hot or cold pack doesn’t reduce the pain then physical therapist or chiropractor should be consulted for their versions of these treatments, which can penetrate deeper into the muscle and tissue.
2. Exercise: The vicious cycle of pain and reduced mobility found in some chronic conditions such as arthritis and fibromyalgia can be interrupted by physical activity like walking, swimming, or cycling.
3. Physical therapy and occupational therapy. In physical therapy, a series of exercises are designed to preserve or improve your strength and mobility while the occupational therapy helps us learn to perform a range of daily activities in a way that doesn’t intensify your pain.
4. Mind-body techniques: Meditation, mindfulness, and breathing exercises etc., helps us restore a sense of control over our body, which decreases our chronic muscle tension and pain.
5. Yoga and Tai chi: Breath control, meditation, and gentle movements to stretch and strengthen muscles are included in these two types of exercises. Many studies have revealed that these two techniques have significantly reduced pain in a host of conditions, from headaches to arthritis to lasting injuries.
6. Biofeedback. With the help of a biofeedback machine, one can learn relaxation and breathing which turns data on physiological functions such as heart rate and blood pressure into visual cues such as a graph, a blinking light, or even an animation. Watching and modifying the visualizations gives you a degree of control over your body’s response to pain.
7. Music therapy. Recent studies have shown the benefit of music in relieving pain during and after surgery and childbirth. Traditional music has shown excellence and also there is no harm in listening to your favorite track as this can distract you from pain or discomfort.
8. Therapeutic massage: Massage helps in reducing pain by working tension out of muscles and joints, relieving stress and anxiety, and also helps to distract the person from pain by initiating a competing sensation that supersedes pain signals.